How do I add course reserves to my Canvas course?
The Canvas Reading List tool lets instructors uploaded files and internet resources all within their Canvas course. Instructors can add other instructors and/or library staff as collaborators to help build and manage the list.
To add resources from the library catalog, or upload files:
- Click Add Items +, a search box will appear to the right.
- To add Library owned resources make sure you are on the Search tab and search for items. To add a resource to your reading list drag it to the section you want it to appear in or click it, select a section, and click Add.
- To upload a file make sure you are on the Create tab, upload your file, enter any necessary data, and then click Add.
To add resources from other library databases or the internet:
- Still in the Canvas Reading List click on your initials in the upper right to bring up the user menu.
- Click Cite It!
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the Cite It! button in your browser.
- Now, when you are on a webpage or even in OneSearch or a Library database, you can click the button and add resources directly to your reading list without visiting Canvas.