How do I request an article that the library doesn't have?
You can use Interlibrary Loan (ILL) to request articles that are unavailable at Cal State LA.
- If you are a first time user of ILL, you'll start by creating an account here.
- Next, you'll login to your ILL account.
- Look on the left-hand side of the page for the header New Request, and then look below it for the Article option and select it.
- Complete the form with the required information (e.g., Journal Title and Article Title). If you are unsure where to find that information, feel free to email or chat with a librarian for help.
- Submit your request. Articles are typically emailed back to you within 5 to 10 days.
Was this helpful? 0 0